2. Are you a cereal eater? What's your favorite kind? I eat cereal sometimes. I like a lot of different ones, and mostly the sugar, sweet kinds that are not the best choice for you. Reese's is one of my tops! =)
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? I think my answer is basically the same for this question as it is for the 4th question. Why are they even selling toy guns if children are going to end up with records because of them*? The way our country is going really scares me.
*I don't mean I have a problem with toy guns, I have a problem with the idea that if a toy gun is wrong, why the toy companies are allowed to make them. My boy has had toy guns-my rule was that we don't shoot people when we play. (We lived in an area that has tons of wildlife and lots of hunting.) We shoot deer.
Furthermore, why are we not targeting the truly violent video games? It may seem like a double standard, but I really don't feel it is. Violent games are a much greater threat than a pink Hello Kitty gun that looks like a blow dryer and shoots out bubbles.
4. Whatever happened to_____________________________? Common sense?
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What's the last thing you signed your name to? Ha! Just today, I had to sign my name to get my Claritan D. I feel like I have to practically sign my life away, just so I can get my medicine to breathe! lol But if it really helps cut down on the crystal meth problem, I'll deal with it.
6. Speaking of John Hancock...ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love? I don't think we've been there. I don't really have a desire to go. We have been to Washington DC, which isn't too far from it.
7. Share something funny you've heard a child say. When my son was just a little guy, he was really hot one night. He came into the room and told me, "I'm roasting like a piece of toast!" On the flip side, he was cold once, and he told me he had goose dots. =)
8. Insert your own random thought here. I wish everyone knew, or hope everyone knows, that the option of cyber school is available, when a parent feels incapable of home schooling all on their own, yet wants an alternative to public school. I'm not running down the public school system, but I know there are some children that don't adjust well or struggle for one reason or another.
In PA, we have several choices, and one of those is run through the public school system. I personally feel the entire program is top notch-two of my children have been in it, and I can't compliment the program enough.